Visit the graduate careers pages on our website
Check details about the role:
Check your eligibility to apply:
- do/will you have the correct qualification?
- do you have Australian citizenship or permanent residency?
- do you meet the requirements for the accounting professional study program?
Discuss the role and your suitability for it with your referees.
Plan your application by organising the information to be included to ensure that no detail is missed.
Prepare your resume.
- your name and address including email and mobile contact
- education details
- employment history
- professional development
- current referees.
Write your competency statement by providing a brief description on how you meet each of the following competencies required for the role (outlined in the role description):
- achieve results
- communicate effectively
- continuous learning and applying specialist expertise
- leading and relating to people
- problem solving
- quality orientation.
Address each competency seperately - use each competency as a heading. Select appropriate examples from your work, study or community involvement to demonstrate you meet the particular competency. No more than half a page for each competency or two to three pages overall is required.
The examples of behaviour listed under the competencies in the role description can be used as a guide when framing your examples however you do not need to address each behaviour individually in your competency statement.
Prepare your cover letter.
- the role you are applying for
- date and where the role was advertised
- the vacancy number
- brief summary of you relevant skills, abilities, knowledge and experience
- Why you are interested in the role and working at the Auditor-General's Department.
Proof read your documents and proof read again.
Check your application and read it thoroughly to make sure:
- it says what you want it to say
- all competencies have been covered
- there are no grammar or spelling mistakes
- the application is easy to read.
To apply have the following documents ready and go to Current job vacancies
- Cover letter
- Competency statement
- Proof of qualifications
- And proof of residency/Australian citizenship.
The Department will only accept your first submitted application.
Acknowledgement of Applications
You will receive an acknowledgement email if your application has been successfully submitted .
Applications close Friday 7 April 2017