State finances and related matters
The 2020-21 State Budget was tabled in Parliament in November 2020. This Report provides our observations on the State’s public finances based on our review of the Budget. This involved:
- reviewing the Budget against the SA Government’s stated fiscal strategy
- analysing new budget measures and initiatives
- examining the actual results for the past year, Budget estimates and forecasts
- analysing major assets and liabilities
- analysing South Australia’s key fiscal measures compared to other Australian states
- reviewing credit rating agency reports on South Australia.
Our analysis is based on data provided in the 2020-21 Budget Papers supplemented with representations and information provided by Department of Treasury and Finance. The 2020‑21
Budget notes that the COVID-19 pandemic could substantially impact budget revenues and expenses and that forecasting financial outcomes in the present economic environment is particularly difficult.
Click to open this report or right click and 'Save link as' to download