The South Australian Superannuation Board (the Board) was established by the Superannuation Act 1988 (the Act).
The Board is responsible to the Minister for Finance for the administration of the following superannuation schemes:
- South Australian Superannuation Scheme under the Act
- Southern State Superannuation Scheme under the Southern State Superannuation Act 2009
- Super SA Retirement Investment Fund under the Southern State Superannuation Regulations 2009
- South Australian Ambulance Service Superannuation Scheme under the Act.
The Board’s administration of these schemes encompasses maintenance of:
- accounts in the names of all members
- employer contribution accounts
- proper accounts for each financial year on receipts of contributions and payments of benefits.
The Department of Treasury and Finance – State Superannuation Office provides services to administer the schemes.
The Superannuation Funds Management Corporation of South Australia is responsible for the investment and management of the schemes’ funds under the above legislation and the Superannuation Funds Management Corporation of South Australia Act 1995.